If you like FreeSBIE and find it useful, consider making a donation to developers. We're always hungry of resources, as our builds need long time to end.
Our builder machine is actually an AMD Athlon 1800+ which is also hosting this site and all our main services. During the builds this machine is quite stressed, as you can see. The first thing we need is a good build machine, so we can leave this one serving in peace. The requirements for such a machine is a fast processor (3.0Ghz+), enough RAM (at least 1Gb) and possibly an hardware or software RAID to speed up the build process. As the builded ISOs are distributed via torrent and we have some starting seeders, there's not so much bandwidth requirement. If it is necessary, the provider which is housing us has enough room for another machine.
Other desired hardware includes:
- Blank CDs and/or CDs-RW
- CF/SD readers compatible with FreeBSD
- CF cards - USB pens (at least 128 Mb, bigger is better expecially for the pens)
- Embedded devices like Soekris/WRAP boards
- Laptop size hard disks (> 40 Gb)
If you want to make a cash donation you can use Paypal:
We wish to thank everybody is supporting FreeSBIE project. In particular:
- Gianmarco Giovannelli bought and assembled the server you're visiting
- ConsiagNet SPA for provides us housing and connectivity
- Daniel Seuffert donated us an AMD64 box and an external HDD which was used to port FreeSBIE to powerpc platform
- Every mirror listed in the mirrors page and the kind admins who offer us their bandwidth